Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Living in a Post 9/11 World.


Tuesday September 11, 2001. I was in a grade 6 class along with my classmates doing a small activity upon preparation for a test next period. Next period arrived, when I was feeling scared and unready. To sort of make things better, the teacher came in saying the test was canceled because of what happened over in The United States of America. I was wondering to myself, what was so bad, that the test was canceled as a cause? In short time, the teacher had explained to us what happened. I'm not sure I was getting all of it. Heh, I didn't even know what the World Trade Center was back then. Now that I know, I wish I'd cried that long ago. Though, when the teacher came in with the news, hardly any of us knew what was going on. The teacher started crying, so did a small portion of my class. I along with many of my classmates weren't feeling it. I guess it was because we didn't know what was going on. The day went terrible for me because so many people in my school were crying, yet I felt like I was the only one who didn't know what was happening. When I got home, it didn't change. My parents were in tears, and my dad was cussing in anger. I asked, what's going on, then I remember my mom telling me to have a seat. She told me how "A plane had crashed in the World Trade Center, killing many people as a result". I was feeling the anger too. I believe one hour had passed, when the news started to come on, overflowing channels with the terrible news. What ever channel you turned to, you'd notice that sure enough, you'd see the same planes crashing into the same buildings, over and over again. Talk about making matters worse! It felt as the day were passing on as if a bomb had dropped. So many tears. After all, it took us about two days to get over the sadness, and sorrow. I respect the day, and it's people. It's a shame it had happened.

We Shall Never Forget.

WTC's Picture -
http://www.america911.com/wtc-5.jpg
WTC's Video -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ0Uh5y5U5k&feature=related

No comments: