Thursday, January 17, 2008

Gwen & her Harajuku Girls.


Discussing matters in class about Gwen and her Harajuku Girls has made me want to do some more research on the topic. I've noticed that when they're with Gwen, they seem happy "representing" their country. Though, don't forget they're under contract. Yet, nobody including me knows what's really going on. Is it just for the money? Hmm, if Gwen tells her Harajuku Girls not to talk, they do it. So I guess it is. Still, people from Asian descent don't agree with what Gwen is doing. They believe she's exploiting their country, as I do too. It comes to me, that adopting another country's culture isn't right because of all the negative effects it may have on the people. For all I know, Asian people could be viewing this in a totally different way, such as Gwen using her Harajuku Girls as "China Dolls". If it were my country, I'm sure I'd have strong negatives too. Sure I'd love to get paid for representing my country, but not in ways where you're given commands not to talk, and further more as Gwen is doing. There could be so many different reasons. If there were a positive, I bet it would be overlooked very soon. If people from Harajuku act as if Gwen's doing something wrong representing their country, you can bet they're right. I mean, they're Harajuku! She's basically represneting them. If they dislike something, change it! My reason for believing Gwen is exploiting the Harajuku Girls is, it's not all one hundred percent positive. There still may be people out there especially in Harajuku who think Gwen's making a false impact on their country and culture.

Gwen & Harajuku Girls's Video.

Gwen & Harajuku Girls's Picture -
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhjldlxg5tujseN38ir7yrUjDYn_81Bw5tpGGRGJsbZ5y87ERxNclSolyTkBHy-C0prPESsaLS-DcK2KHg6fFxcw0b___S0qB3K8uPn-ZCgEArnc0F-LfGojtx8mDwKPXW8x0_Tea28nbk/s1600-h/gwen_stefani_002.jpg
Gwen & Harajuku Girls's Video -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioRIo1EJN4w

No comments: