Thursday, January 17, 2008

I wana be your what?


Learning about copyright in class made me think, could there really be such a thing? It also makes you wonder, why do people do it you may ask? The reason from my experience would simply be the author, in this case Avril Lavigne didn't want to make repetitive songs, or songs that possibly had the same meaning. It could be either. It could be both. We don't really know. What I do know though, is she wanted to take a risk. That she did. But, coming up with the same song as the Rubinoos? Coincidence? No. She purposely plagerized the song from the Rubinoos becuase I bet she ran out of ideas. You could agree with me. Yes, she slightly changed the song a little, but if you listen carefully you could find the resembelence in both songs. I may know the reason why people choose to plagerize songs after all. It may be becuase if you were to plagerize in example, one of Michael Jackson's songs, I bet you'd make a fortune in sales. You'd also get so busted. I know, it's a risk. But some people actually have the guts and courage to take it. It makes sense when you put together what you know, discuss matters in class, hearing from other people's opinions, sharing your own, and ofcoarse many more. Lastly, I must add if Avril tryed to make her own song, I bet she'd make an alright profit instead of losing money, friends, the court case, and fans.

Avril's Video.

Avril's Picture -
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/database/newpics/avril300.jpg
Avril's Video -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZxrMb4Cilw

No comments: